What Does the College Search Process Entail?
In the college search and planning process we take the parent and student through the following steps:
- Assess the student’s interests, needs, GPA, admission test scores, extra-curricular activities.
- Assess the student’s personal preferences, social goals, and values. (What’s important to them, what characteristics are they looking for in a college or university).
- Major choice: Career Assessment based on the Myer-Briggs.
- Compile a list of potential colleges and universities for the student to reasearch.
- The student researches list of potential colleges and universities.
- Collaboratively choose colleges and universities to which the student will apply to and have a high probability of being accepted and succeed.
- Determine the time frame in which the student will commence the application process.
- Provide assistance with completing admissions applications, resume development, personal statement/essay topic selection and review.
- Monitor the student’s progress with the application process and serve as their college coach and advisor through their senior year in high school providing direction and advice throughout the process.